Thursday, March 17, 2011

Invisible children

I actually found out about invisible children when I was in about sixth or seventh grade when the current fad was to buy a 20$ bracelet to support a cause that we were too young to understand the meaning of supporting. My parent agreed to let me get the twine bracelet on account that I watch the video that went along with it- the video we watched as second semester seniors in high school. Watching it being twelve hard but I didn't quite understand the extent of the issue as I do now. I must say the documentary was much more moving and intense the second time around. It really makes you feel as if you have the best life of anyone on the planet. I didn't get into one of my colleges last night but these children may not live to apply to college. And if they do, they may have been abducted and stripped of everything they once knew. Its not fair. These children deserve more. They are more. They are human. They are like me, like you.

1 comment:

  1. Powerfully stated. Definitely puts things in perspective when you see a story like this.

    ReplyDelete