Monday, September 20, 2010

Thoughts on the 9/11 movie

What really stood out to me in the 9/11 movie was how well the community came together in times of need. Organizational groups were put into action providing food for all of the workers and groups would stand outside NYC to cheer and clap thanking all of the workers who by going into ground zero were risking their lives to save the lives of others. There were memorial candle lightings in the city and many people felt it comforting that everyone was in the same boat. It was truly inspiring to see that when something so terrible as the 9/11 attacks happened that everyone came together as one to rebuild what was lost.
Watching this movie was very hard for me. Although I've studied the 9/11 attacks in various classes through out my education, I still find it very hard to watch the footage of the planes crashing into the World Trade Centers, the towers falling, and the aftermath of the attack. Even though the attack happened in 2001 and its 2010 already, when I watch the footage, it seems like it just happened yesterday. It saddens me to see all of the people feel as if they are in such danger, and to see them upset over lost loved ones. Overall, I think the movie was truly great and a positive item to be a part of our curriculum.

yours truly,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment